Sunday, March 10, 2019

USA 2019 - Week 1, Beaver Creek to Moab

I just realised that Week 1 is going longer than a week... even though we started travelling on Thursday, let's say that Week 1 ends on Sunday.

Today we made the most of the Park Hyatt in Beaver Creek (slept in, used the gym, had some coffee in the ski lounge) then got a lift with Yvy and Eduardo to Eagle airport where we picked up our car to head to Moab.

USA 2019 - Moab

It was so sad saying goodbye, but I'm so happy I got to spend time with Yvonne, I miss her already! It was so nice to meet Eduardo, and I can't wait for him to come to Perth, and for us to visit Costa Rica.

USA 2019 - Moab

The drive to Moab was magical. We stopped at a Walmart to pick up some stuff for dinner, and that was magical for a different reason. Who in the world needs these many cheese balls?!? Everything was huge except for the teeny tiny bananas.

USA 2019 - Moab

USA 2019 - Moab

USA 2019 - Moab

USA 2019 - Moab

USA 2019 - Moab

We settled in to the Adventure Inn, picked up some wine, then had a quiet, healthy(ish) dinner in.

USA 2019 - Moab

USA 2019 - Moab

USA 2019 - Moab

I say healthy-ish because we had veggies (including McClures pickles), cheese and crackers, but twinkies for dessert! We can now say we've had a twinki; they're OK I guess, but taste a bit like chemicals, also what I think of Hershey's chocolate but I guess that's just my Australian taste.

USA 2019 - Moab

USA 2019 - Moab

USA 2019 - Moab

No comments: