Friday, March 18, 2016

Japan - Tokyo to Fuji-Q

Today we caught a resort liner from Tokyo to Fuji-Q and checked into the amazing Fuji-Q Highlands hotel (the shower goods are Bvlgari), the view is of the park.

Japan - Fuji-Q

After an absolutely mammoth buffet lunch at the hotel we waddled on to the park, but unfortunately due to the wind a lot of the big roller coasters were closed, and the other ones had fuck-off wait times of  over 3 hours. The longest thing I've ever waited for was 3 hours to get into Versailles, and there was no way I was waiting longer for a roller coaster ride!

After losing Kyle, Amy and Andrew went back to the hotel while I checked out Evangelion World. I wasn't planning on paying the 800 yen to get in, but I'm really glad I did. They had the Seele conference room set up with Gendo's desk, some of the scenes, a life size entry plug, a life size head of Asuka's Eva Unit 02 in bezerker mode, and a life size head of Eva Unit 01 that together with some clever projections played out a scene where Shinji gets in the Eva and fights the Fuji-Q roller coasters which have turned into Angels. So cool! I want to watch Evangelion again now. 

Japan - Fuji-Q

Japan - Fuji-Q

Japan - Fuji-Q

Japan - Fuji-Q

Andrew and I spent this afternoon in the Fujiyama Onsen, which was much bigger, much busier, and had more variety than the Niseko onsen at the Vale. I think the Vale had nicer pre/post onsen facilities, but here the actual onsen was better (more variety, different types of water). So this is the first time I was in an onsen not on my own! I seemed to either attract locals who were interested in the foreigner, or completely repel them (sometime I'd get into a bath and the locals would pretty much evacuate). A couple of girls struck up a conversation with me and were clearly excited about practicing their English (which was fairly good, very cute). I loved it! I really really enjoy onsen. I will never get a tattoo so that I can always go to them.

Tonight we skipped dinner on account of the mammoth lunch and went bowling at the resorts bowling club. Turns out we're not great bowlers (especially the girls), and our aim for our second game was to not get any rounds with double gutter balls (we succeeded!). Bowling is hard! My shoulder actually hurts, but Andrew convinced me not to steal a ball from the baseball throwing game he played after bowling (it was pretty much a perfect physio ball, I managed to get some rolling on it before I reluctantly gave it back). I don't know what's with my leg going up so high when I bowl, but every time I tried to suppress it I failed even more so, so I just let it happen. 

Japan - Fuji-Q

Tomorrow morning we're going to wake up early and get some priority access passes, but it might get rained out so we'll have to adjust our plans based on the weather. Fingers crossed.

Also I forgot to mention in the last post that we saw Godzilla attacking a hotel in Shinjuku.

Tokyo - Japan (Shinjuku)

No comments: