Monday, March 21, 2016

Japan - Kyoto (Day 2, Osaka for Sumo)

The Bamboo forrest was gorgeous, and because it was a windy day we got all of the lovely creaking and swaying of the gigantic bamboo stems.

Japan - Kyoto and Osaka Sumo

Japan - Kyoto and Osaka Sumo

Japan - Kyoto and Osaka Sumo

Although my favourite part was when an old Japanese man was trying to catch his pet bunny who was running around the bamboo forrest path. It was so cute!

This afternoon we headed into Osaka for Sumo. It was such a spectacle, and everyone was really getting into the lineup of fights. There were some really good matches, and the people around us made it even more fun. There were some super cute kids in the row behind that had made signs for all of their favourite sumos, and were so sad when one of them lost. the ceremonies were really… well I want to say beautiful but stepping back as an impartial observer it did involve a bunch of fat dudes slapping their thighs bellies and butts. Still, I found it beautiful.

Japan - Kyoto and Osaka Sumo

Japan - Kyoto and Osaka Sumo

Japan - Osaka

Dinner was okonomiyaki, octopus balls, and fish desserts.

My okonomiyaki had these little cubes of what I thought was fat, but we later discovered was yam jelly. I had already made a little plate of every single one I found in my dish (which was about 50) and I  felt so bad when the waitress came by and was shocked that I didn't like them! Everything else was amazing though! I did also pick out the octopus from the octopus balls though… Oh and there is deep fried camembert pretty much everywhere, I got one on a skewer tonight!

Japan - Osaka

Japan - Osaka

Japan - Osaka

No comments: