Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Japan - Cottesloe Beach and Sapporo

Yesterday we spent our last day in Perth making the most of the weather by visiting Sculptures by the Sea and having a swim at Cottesloe beach after breakfast at John St Cafe.

My favourite:
Sculptures by the Sea

The most enjoyable:
Sculptures by the Sea

And the giant vagina just has to get a mention:
Sculptures by the Sea

We tried to pack in as much exercise as possible before we left, which for me included some cardio with Tammy and also checking out the progress on her new studio. It looks phenomenal and has so much personality, I cannot wait to see the finished thing and my god I can't wait to start training again.

Perth to Hong Kong to Sapporo was a long and pretty sleepless flight (my Fitbit reckoned 2h 29min). I think I went slightly mad in particular when on the first flight they brought around the coldest ice-cream I'd ever had. It was like a mango bar thing, and before I knew it my lips and tongue were completely stuck to it. I thought I was over reacting but a quick look around the cabin had some equally alarmed reactions.

After we arrived we took an excruciatingly expensive taxi to Hotel Aspen which is absolute luxury for the price we payed for the rooms. I was warned to expect tiny rooms, beds, and bathrooms, but it's really fine, great even!

Japan - Sapporo

It was 1 degree outside, probably less by the time we got to walking. I thought the boots I brought were a bit over the top, but after stepping outside I was wishing they were about 10 times more over the top. It is freezing! I've actually been in colder temperatures (in Kazakhstan) but I think the difference is that you wouldn't really wear your thermal underwear under your jeans for 1 degree, but wearing jeans alone is like wearing nothin at all, nothin at all, nothin at all… So glad I brought my silly ear muffs.
Japan - Sapporo

Japan - Sapporo

Ramen at Kyowakoku on Level 10 above the train station warmed us right up. We all got variations on the miso ramen theme and it was absolutely delicious. I traded ramen noodles for broth, and we even warmed up enough to enjoy a couple of Sapporo beers.
Japan - Sapporo

Japan - Sapporo


After dinner we checked out the other floors in the train station shopping mall and stumbled upon a pet shop, a giant arcade, and the longest row of those little machines you get knick knacks out of I've ever seen. One of the machines served up deep fried mining machines because why not Japan.
Japan - Sapporo

Japan - Sapporo

Kyle wanted to win an anime girl in food but picked the wrong machine by accident so won me a Gudetama (he didn't have such a good-a-time-ah). I don't know what this little egg thing is but it's popping up all over the place and now I have one attached to my handbag.

Japan - Sapporo

Tomorrow we're up early to head to Niseko for some skiing lessons!

No comments: