Friday, March 11, 2016

Japan - Niseko, Day 2

Our second day of skiing in Niseko in perfect conditions. We all got a bit better, and a bit more confident, which was probably why Amy and I both crashed for the first time today. But I would go as far as to say that we are all actually excellent skiers, and apparently I am also the best Chinese Poker player that has ever lived.

Japan - Niseko

Japan - Niseko

Today we had lunch up on the mountain in an awesome Japanese ref. I think everything tastes amazing after skiing, especially vegetable curry, rice, and Kirin. I was a bit too cold to try the frozen beer (which had a frozen soft-serve looking head) but maybe tomorrow. We took the gondolas back down to the other side of the slopes.

Japan - Niseko

Japan - Niseko

Japan - Niseko

We took the gondolas down, and Andrew and I tried a different beginners slope. It was fun to try something different, but the family slope is still the most fun.

Andrew and I went to our first onset today at the Vale, not together of course. We pretty much each had it to ourselves until the end where a few other skiers came in. Being snowed on while in a hot bath is really a fun new experience, and of course being naked makes everything better.

Japan - Niseko

Japan - Niseko

Dinner was takeaway from Seicomart and the food trucks in the ski village, Sapporo beer, Hibiki whisky (and apple for me), and a couple of Gudetamas (boiled eggs). And finally, after my 4 out of 5 wins, Kyle has stopped challenging my win and we can all finally go to bed.

No comments: