Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Triple J Hottest 100 of 2014

My votes:
  • Grimes - Go (my #1) - #171
  • Alt-J - Every Other Freckle - #14
  • FKA twigs - Two Weeks - #45
  • Future Islands - Seasons - #23
  • Glass Animals - Gooey - #12
  • Willow Beats - Merewif - #137
  • Milky Chance - Stolen Dance - #4
  • TV On The Radio - Happy Idiot - #49
  • Chet Faker - 1998 - #8
Would have loved to fit in:
  • Royksopp & Robyn - Do It Again - #73
  • Royksopp - Monument - #59
  • Calvin Harris (ft. HAIM) - Pray To God - #103
  • Ball Park Music - Everything Is Shit Except My Friendship With You - #58
This year all my votes were completely song based and not loyal to my favourite bands. I actually only found out that Polica, M83, Bon Iver, (and Aphex Twin! but meh) released singles this year by scrolling through the artists on the Hottest 100 website.

I was sure that Pharrell - Happy was going to win, but it's not in the list! It wasn't in last year's list either, so I'm not sure what's going on with that. I think that Future Islands will get pretty high, but no clear pick for #1.

Edit: #1 was Chet Faker - Talk is Cheap, I think that's a good #1!
Edit: Triple J released the hottest 200, I'm glad Grimes got in there!

No comments: