Thursday, June 7, 2007

I'll Never Get Used To Exams

It's just reaching the end of study week, and exams are fast approaching. I've actually been working really hard all week, but I'm not at all confident this year. I guess it's because this semester it's been 3x Engineering + 1x Computer Science, and the computer science unit (AI and Logic Programming) has been EXTREMELY hard. It's been completely unlike any other computer science unit - mostly theory, completely abstract, and the only programming has been in Prolog which isn't quite programming at all. Also I usually have one maths unit to balance out the engineering units, but this semester it's been full on with the hard core eng. I guess I'll just have to take it as it comes and do my best, and hope it'll aaaalll work out (eeek!).

To keep up my spirits I've been coming up with some Fun Things(TM) to look forward to during and after exams. Helps keep my eyes on the horizon and makes the impending exam doom seem less doomy. I'm looking forward to:

  1. Seeing Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End - just watched the first two on Matt's new LCD tv... so nice!
  2. Getting my hair cut - for some reason during semester I never get my hair cut and it ends up being all gross by the end of semester
  3. Teaching Penny some new tricks - she's already learned how to walk vertically down a ladder (!) but that's about it so far
  4. Putting up my Space Doggy print - I've had it for about a month now and I still haven't got around to putting up a hook
  5. Starting Polemoves Intermediate - I've been slacking off with the exercise so it'll be great to start classes again
  6. Washing my car - YESSS my car is finally back with a brand-new second-hand (haha) gear box, but it's all dirty and I really need to clean it up (the car, not the gear box)
  7. Working on my game - I've come up with a really cute idea for a little game that I have no idea how to make, so I'm gonna make an effort to try and learn how to do it!
  8. Organizing my 21st - it's not that far off (August 6th) so I should start thinking about what I'm gonna do
  9. Playing Psychonauts - yep I completely stopped that when my units got scary
  10. Looking for vacation work - I really need to find some engineering work experience so I should get my resume together
  11. Catching up with friends - I've been completely antisocial this whole semester so I've got a lot of catching up to do
So that's a nice little list of things to look forward to, but still there's SOO much study and stressing before it's all over. It's always the same thing every year since high school but yet I'll never get used to the whole ordeal. Oh well, come June 18th at 5.15pm, I'll be a free girl! (at least until next semester...)

No comments: