Saturday, August 11, 2018

Skiing Trip 2018 - Day 1, Melbourne

Yesterday I arrived in Melbourne, meeting Andrew at the Grand Hyatt to start our very much needed holiday. Andrew had been over for a work trip, so we decided to tack on a Melbourne/Perisher/Canberra/Sydney holiday on the end of it.

I left Perth at 8am, braving the freezing cold weather in my new Nike fleece (thanks Claire, Michael and Iva!) and Uggs.
Melbourne August 2018

When I arrived, Andrew was still finishing off some work so I went to the gym which was a nice way to stretch the legs after the flight. We got ready and headed out to Eau de Vie for a very elaborate set of drinks (both involved liquid nitrogen), then to Chin Chin for dinner (it's as good as Andrew's reviews), and then a night cap at 1806.

Melbourne August 2018

Melbourne August 2018

Melbourne August 2018

Melbourne August 2018

This morning we got up early for the gym, and thank god we did because we just finished an epic buffed breakfast that I'm pretty sure will do me for the next two days. We stole some food for the road just for good measure, but who do you think made the better choice about portability? I think Andrew's choice is going to be a bit of a pain! (full credit goes to Andrew for that pun of the day). It's already flaking all over the place.

Melbourne August 2018

Melbourne August 2018

Melbourne August 2018

We're about to start our drive towards Glenrowan!






No comments: