Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Triple J Hottest 100 of 2017

My votes:
  • Methyl Ethel - Ubu (#4)
  • Phoenix - J-BOY (no entry)
  • PNAU - Go Bang (#7)
  • The xx - I Dare You (no entry)
  • Ball Park Music - Exactly How You Are (#18)
  • Charli XCX - Boys (#60)
  • Franz Ferdinand - Always Ascending (no entry)
  • K.Flay - High Enough (no entry)
  • Lorde - Green Light (#6)
  • The Presets - Do What You Want  (#93)
Would have loved to fit in:
  • alt-J - In Cold Blood (#72)
  • Arcade Fire - Creature Comfort (no entry)
  • Spoon - Hot Thoughts (no entry)
  • Gang Of Youths - Let Me Down Easy (#2)
  • The National - The Day I Die (no entry)
  • Peking Duk & AlunaGeorge - Fake Magic (#12)
  • RL Grime - Stay For It (no entry)
I think either a Lorde track or Kendrick Lamar will win.

Update: #1 was Humble by Kedrik Lamar, I think that's a really good one to represent 2017. So glad Ubu got so high! After Go Bang got in Andrew and I had a big debate about whether or not Ubu would get in at all, I was disappointed and skeptical but Andrew was absolutely sure it would make it and he was right! Go Methyl Ethel!

No comments: