Friday, April 1, 2016

Japan - Ueno to Hong Kong to Perth

We spent our last day in Japan in Ueno park appreciating the cherry blossoms, it was magical. 

Japan - Ueno (Cherry Blossoms)

Japan - Ueno (Cherry Blossoms)

Japan - Ueno (Cherry Blossoms)

Japan - Ueno (Cherry Blossoms)

Japan - Ueno (Cherry Blossoms)

We even saw Cool Japan being filmed!

Japan - Ueno (Cherry Blossoms)

Some last minute musings on our trip to Japan:

  • Andrew is an exceptional travel agent
  • A 500ml Suntory 9% "Strong" drink costs 150 yen ($1.50 AUD)
  • Japanese people don't mind waiting in line
  • I can live without a hair straightener for at least 1 month
  • 7eleven, Family Mart, Lawsons have great meals but Seico mart has the best
  • Train stations can be horrendous labyrinths of doom, especially Shinjuku
  • The imperial castle does not exist
  • Fake food splays outside of restaurants are an absolute winner of an idea
  • I could easily live off of Japanese food bus would probably spend my salary on giant apples and $10 strawberries
  • People have no shame when taking photos
  • There's no trash, but plenty of smut
  • I would definitely buy a Toyota
  • Buddhism and Shinto are my favourite religions
  • Bowing is a really natural show of appreciation
  • Serious TV programs will still have silly noises and cartoon characters
  • I will never get a tattoo so that I can always go to Onsen (funnily enough piercings are A-OK)
  • Sumo is a very riveting sport
  • I like skiing but I'm very scared of dying from skiing
  • Air BnB is a great way to travel
  • Shinkansen is a great way to travel
  • Bunny Island is the home of my soul
We just got home to sunny Perth and luckily we had a spare key with my dad because our luggage got delayed and our house keys were in checked luggage! Our trip wasn't all that long but the smells and sounds of Perth have made me so happy to be home. I think our Japan trip may be my favourite holiday yet. 

No comments: