Sunday, May 10, 2015

Dead Famous - Kyle's 30th and Megan's 4th

Amy's boyfriend and sister had a joint 30th and 40th birthday party where the theme was "Dead Famous". In true Amy and Kyle tradition, they decorated their place amazingly, I think it's their best effort to date! I think it even beat their amazing Under the Sea party in 2012.

My job was to bake 80 heaven and hell themed cupcakes. I found some angel and devil (well, bat) wing cookie cutters at the Cookie Cutter Shop and bought a variety to give me some options. I will definitely be going back to this website to buy cookie cutters in the future - they have such an amazing range of obscure shapes.

Dead Famous

I bought black and white fondant and made all of the wings in advance, hoping for them to dry hard so that I could arrange the wings to stand upright.

Dead Famous

Dead Famous

Unfortunately I didn't realise that the moisture from the butter cream would soften the fondant, so the angel wings wilted! Although everyone said that they looked way more angel-wing-like in their wilted state, and I think I now agree (although at first I was so disappointed!).

Dead Famous

I dressed up as Moaning Mirtle from Harry Potter with my mum's blue blazer, my dad's blue tie, a fake fringe and white/blue makeup:
Dead Famous

Dead Famous

Andrew dressed up as Kurt Cobain with a blonde wig (he's actually naturally blonder than the wig) and my mum's (electronic) cigarette:
Dead Famous

Dead Famous

The decorations were amazing! You entered the party through a tunnel (built through their garage) and could choose to either enter through heaven or hell. There was a heaven area (Heavenly Haven) and a hell area (Lucifer's Lounge).

Dead Famous

Dead Famous

Dead Famous

Dead Famous

They really need to figure out a way to make money from their talent for themed parties!

No comments: