Sunday, December 29, 2013

Triple J Hottest 100 of 2013

My votes:
  • Phoenix - Chloroform
  • Phoenix - Entertainment
  • Phoenix - S.O.S. In Bel Air
  • Polica - Chain My Name
  • Polica - Tiff {Ft. Justin Vernon}
  • The National - Graceless
  • The National - I Need My Girl (my #1)
  • The National - I Should Live in Salt
  • Lana Del Rey - Young And Beautiful
  • Violent Soho - Covered In Chrome
Would have loved to fit in:
  • Arcade Fire - Afterlife
  • Pond - Xanman
  • Major Lazer - Jessica
I pretty much had to restrain from my list being just Phoenix, The National and Polica (which it mostly is anyway), and chucked in the last two based on the songs that have most made me sing out loud in the car. Also my #1 song wasn't actually in the list (the other two The National songs were), but it really was the best song of 2013 for me.

I think voting in the hottest 100 is a great way to find out about new stuff to listen to and also remind yourself about stuff you used to like but don't anymore (or have forgotten about). I realised that there's a lot of bands I've lost touch with including The Knife, Arcade Fire, Vampire Weekend, Royksopp, and I was surprised (and excited) to see a Postal Service song in there.

An early and inevitable congratulations to Daft Punk!


No comments: