Thursday, December 15, 2011

Triple J Hottest 100 of 2011

My Votes:
  • M83 - Midnight City
  • M83 - Wait
  • M83 - Intro {Ft. Zola Jesus}
  • Bon Iver - Perth
  • Bon Iver - Holocene
  • Bon Iver - Beth/Rest
  • Junior Boys - Banana Ripple
  • Junior Boys - ep
  • Junior Boys - The Reservoir
  • Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know {Ft. Kimbra}

This year I've been completely out of the loop because the stereo in my car is broken! I looked through the list and saw releases from a lot of awesome bands (Fleet Foxes, Radiohead, TV on the Radio). The albums are good, but I couldn't really pick any songs as being the best of 2011.

So I tried a different approach. The three albums I've been thrashing this year are:
  • M83 - Hurry Up, We're Dreaming
  • Junior Boys - It's All True
  • Bon Iver - Bon Iver
I decided to pick three of my favourite songs from my three favourite albums of the year, and also vote for Gotye, who I think deserves (and has a very good chance at) #1.

Happy voting!

No comments: