Sunday, October 5, 2008

Perth Royal Show 2008

The Perth Royal Show comes around once a year. It's kind of a big fete with all sorts of things to see and do. When I was younger I went every year, but since it's usually around the end of the uni semester (which is a very busy time), I've been missing it the last couple of years.

Makeup Experiment CloseupThis year I went with a couple of my girl friends and spent the day feeling young again. I decided to do some fun makeup, but I didn't wear my traditional "show hat" (which is a jesters hat fully equipped with bells) which was a good thing since the crowd seems to have matured a bit.

Patting PigletsWe saw the baby animal farm where I patted some piglets, the dog and cat shows, and a variety of other animals including one giant animal (in the bottom pic) that I don't know the name of (please do tell if you know what it is). It really was huge; they must have had him sedated because he could have done some damage with even just a tail flick!

I went on a couple of rides (the GeeWizz and the Orbitron) but they're so expensive now days ($10/ride!) that we drew the line at two. I bought heaps of lollies and chocolate, and also some dark red bed sheets which I've been wanting for ages, so that was really awesome. It was really fun to take a break from uni and have a nice relaxing day at the show. Actually I've been taking it easy lately, and will be next weekend too with the Spring in the Valley wine festival, a b'day, and a movie night. I think it's my attitude of "it's final year, I'll just enjoy it instead of stressing"!

Giant Animal

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jess,
We found your photo for 'salat de boef' on flicker. We'd like to use it for a cookbook we are doing here at the University of Florida Center for European studies. Would that be alright if we attribute the photo to you?
Thank you very much.

Unknown said...

Hi Jess,
We found your photo for 'salat de boef' on flicker. We'd like to use it for a cookbook we are doing here at the University of Florida Center for European studies. Would that be alright if we attribute the photo to you?
Thank you very much.