I had a wonderful time celebrating with family and friends at Neighbourhood Pizza, then again at the kick-on at our place that proved we can still party until 4am. I got absolutely spoiled by everyone, with gifts that I'll cherish forever, and we now have wine and beer sorted until possibly my 50th. The highlight of the night was Yvonne as a surprise guest, popping her head through the door early on in the night which resulted me in bursting out crying and not being able to compose myself every time I looked at her. So lovely!
After the happy birthday song which was expressly not allowed (but OK, I enjoyed), and after Andrew said some beautifully touching words (he is so sweet and thoughtful), we headed back to our place for visinata (painstakingly made by my mum, who also made me musaca for my actual bday), pole, potato gems, and lots more drinks.
Everyone's presence was the best gift, but everyone was also so very generous. I got spoiled with jewellery, a combination of many relaxing/fun/delicious experience type gifts, an amazing range of wine and spirits, art (including a 3D printed Alien from Nich and Kate, and a pole masterpiece from Anna), plants, and the most touching cards that made me cry again when reading them all the next day. Andrew and his family spoiled me extra rotten so I also now have a few new precious and prized possessions, including a Kalis pearl from Andrew, a dusty rose Kitchen Aid from Andrew's parents, and a real mint-condition Glomesh bag that belonged to Andrew's grandma.
40 isn't so bad!



































































No comments:
Post a Comment